Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cake Pops 2


I lovee making cake pops. I made these for Christmas. I used vanilla flavor red & green melting chocolate, and cocoa flavor melting chocolate. I didn't think people would like these when I brought them to Christmas eve, but they were a hit! It was perfect because everyone was so full from dinner, and they were like the perfect dessert because they were so little.



I have learned a few things making cake pops, and these tips should make them perfect(:

-When you mix the frosting in, use a canned frosting and only 1/2 the can. The canned frosting will make them firm a little better, when I made a homemade frosting, the cake pops just got too mushy.

-Dip frosting on the stick before you attach it to the cake ball, this will make it not fall off when you dip it.

-Freeze the cake pops for at least 2 hours. This made everything soo much easier! The chocolate dried within 3 minutes because they were so cold, and the cake pops never fell off their sticks!

Have a happy new year everyone!!(:

18 comments:

  1. ooh I've always wanted to make those! very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! I would love to attmept cake pops and would love Bakerella's Cake Pop Book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT recipe! I am going to add them to my Christmas baskets next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tips! I have always found that using the whole can like most recipes state makes the cake mushy and gross.
    I will definitely try the half can recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, so cute. :)
    I want one. :/
    They're looking so good.
    Congrats to your 50 followers. :)
    And a happy new Year!
    Lovely regards,

    xx, Jana from petit fournil de paris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive. I think that these little pops are really difficult to make, would you believe. Mine always fall off the stick and so on.

    Anyway, I want to wish you a Happy New Year! I wish you all the best with your health. Love your body, mind and soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making them too...so fun and cute! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle I adore Cake pops and these look absolutely delicious, love the colours! gloria
    I whsih you a Happy and lovely New Year, the best for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty! Such a great ending to a dinner. I wish I could make them; I can't seem to find lollypop sticks :( Happy New Year Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cake pops! Thank you for sharing your tips! Would never have thought to dip these while cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cake pops sound delicious. Thanks for sharing your tips. I have yet to try cake pops so that will help :o)
    Happy New Year, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing!! I can't wait to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible!! Happy New Year! ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I can see why they would be a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so much fun to make and eat!! I hope you have a wonderful 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been meaning to try these for a while, they just look so cute and fun! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete